Healthy diet is necessary to have a healthy lifestyle. Where we try to avoid Cakes to stay healthy,why not we add a Healthy Carrot Cake to our menu to enjoy some special occasion and make it memorable.
Here, I bring to you with one of my most favorite Signature recipe that really delicious and healthy and that can be easily converted into Sugar free Version by replacing sugar with sugar free Stevia mix.
(Here i use equal quantity of Stevia mix by Blue Ingredients as it has no bitter aftertaste and made naturally with no chemicals in it).
1 ½ cup Wheat flour (Half cup flour can be replaced with Oat flour)
1 cup Curd (Plain Yogurt)
3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 cup Refined Oil
1 teaspoon Cardamom or Vanilla Essence
1 cup Washed,Peeled and Grated Carrot
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 degree C for 10 minutes.
1. Take a 6-inch cake tin.Grease entire surface of the pan with oil or melted butter using a brush.
2. Sprinkle some flour in all directions so the flour covers the greased area. Line the tin with a butter paper if available.
3. Sift the Flour in a large bowl. Keep aside.
4. Add Plain curd and Sugar in another large bowl.
5. Mix well until smooth Add baking soda and baking powder.
6. Mix well and keep the mixture idle for 5 minutes. Bubbles will start to appear on the surface.
7. Mix Oil.
8. Add essence and mix well.
9. Add previously sifted flour
10. Add Grated Carrot.
11. Mix well using a whisk or a spatula.
12. Mix until it turns little smooth.
13. Pour batter into previously greased Cake tin. Place it in pre-heated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes at 180 C until the top looks brown.
14. If top comes brown and inner part is unbaked cover the tin with a parchment paper or aluminium foil or butter paper.
15. Remove the pan after its baked properly.
16. Let it cool for 15-20 minutes. Run a knife on sides of the pan.
17. Turn and remove it over a tray or cake board.
18. Cake is ready to be served. You can garnish as desired.
Featuring our "Circle of Bakes" Member
I Rakhee Mitruka,the founder of The Cake Theory,Siliguri, is a baker by passion since past few years.I love trying out new recipes and experiments a lot. Baking and cake designing always give me inner strength and confidence to bring out a better me each day.
After been graduated and studying to make a career in Computer Science field,i got married.Sudden changes in life and family support brought me where i am today. Its was like an excursion for me to bake a cake on occasions.
I never thought of fell in love with baking and switching from a computer programmer to a homemaker and finally ended up as a professional baker around 8 years ago. After these long years of experiments, practicing and experimenting today I am a self taught Baker and a mentor too and love to teach my students about all my successful baking and cake designing.
I am fortunate to have been featured by Blue Ingredients. Sharing with you all one of my favourite Signature Recipe through the platform of Blue Ingredients
(Rakhee Mitruka is the original creator of this recipe)