Amidst increasing consumption of processed foods and rising preference for conveniently ready-to-eat food, the food ingredient market in India is seeing rapid expansion.
Over the last five years, the food ingredient market has grown moderately, driven by increasing localization of food products, development of mega food park, surging prevalence of processed food, wide cultural and regional diversities, growing urban middle class population and surging demand for RTE and RTC products are among the key drives propelling the growth of food ingredients in India.
According to Euromonitor, the packaged food industry in 2020 will consume 470 lakh tonnes of food ingredients, across 29 ingredient categories and 16 food applications. Whereas the bulk food ingredients, namely milk based derivatives, fats & oils, flours, sweeteners, cereals, fruits, herbs, spices, nuts, vegetables, vinegar, etc. contribute to high volumes and lower selling margins; the minor ingredients, namely antimicrobials, vitamins, carotenoids, minerals, preservatives, flavours, colours, emulsions, etc. are driven by better margins at low volumes.
Some ingredients trend to grow faster than the average in the forecasted period of 2015-2020, namely thickening agents, proteins, dairy cultures, flavour enhancers, botanicals, cocoa liquor, cocoa powder, etc. The food products and applications supporting this fast growth are into dairy, sauces and dressings, savoury snacks, biscuits, bakery, pasta and noodles, confectionary, soup, baby food, ready meal, ice creams, etc.
Scope of consultancy to be taken:
• Market Opportunity Sizing
• Market Fit - choice of ingredient and its application
• Detailed Mapping of Key Customers
• India Entry Strategy for Foreign Players
• Detailed 3 to 5 years GOSPA model
• Go-to-Market Strategy and Sales Organisation
• Revenue and Expense Model
• Financial projections for 3-5 years.
Why you would see value our services?
• In-depth understanding of Indian Food Ingredient Market
• Identify ongoing trend and anticipated growth in next five years
• Align suppliers with distributors for market centric strategies
• Obtain research based business decision
• Network with Indian food technology professionals
• Gain competitive advantage
• Work on customized 3-5-year business plan
About THE BLUE INGREDIENT COMPANY
We are a team of experts in Food Technology, Business Management and Workforce Planning, with the passion to achieve results for our clients. We connect global expertise of food ingredient manufacturers with the best practices of food manufacturers. We offer various consultancy services to our client namely the management, strategic, new product development, marketing research, sales and business development, human resource planning and many more. For enquiries, please write to email@example.com